Brockwells Forestry, as well as carrying out vegetation clearance operations for various utilities, we also supply a comprehensive management system for all aspects of vegetation clearance and their associated practices.
In a modern world of speed and information, it is vital that our clients receive the information that pertains to them, as soon as it is available. Using handheld devices, we have created vegetation management systems, which are used to collect data from the field and are processed through our central server and reports are sent through to our clients.
An example of this can be seen by works done on behalf of an regional electricity company in the following steps:
- A surveyor attends site, using the handheld device, he is able to upload vegetation that requires work by identifying this on bespoke GPS maps, with network assets preloaded.
- Upon establishing the work required, the surveyor proceeds to create a method statement and draw access routes onto the GPS map to guide the operatives to site.
- The information is then sent through to the central server and collated into parameters such a network areas or geographical areas.
- When processed, this is collated and sent to a manager for approval, who then can send the work pack to a tree cutting team.
- When the tree cutting team attends site, the first thing they do is use their handheld devices to report their attendance and locations and carry out a risk assessment. These are both sent real time to a manager, who can then approve the days work.
- The manager receives a report of the location of all staff and is able to lease with the network control, so that the regional electricity company is aware of presence near the network, for safety reasons.
- The tree cutting team carries out the work and upon competition, report the work as done onto the handheld device, which is uploaded to the central server.
- The central server is then able to send the information as a report to the regional electricity company on a daily basis of works completed.
The presence of such systems to our clients has proved invaluable, as our clients tend to be governed by their ability to provide a positive customer relation with their own customers. The ability to report back quickly and accurately is essential in a modern world.
In addition to our real time handheld devices, we are also able to produce bespoke mapping systems, both electronically and in paper form to an extremely high standard, allowing the end users to be able to accurately locate both works and assets. These can be used on the handheld devices as an alternative means of working.